The Mission: to make disciples for the glory of God and the joy of his people. We at the Crossing desire for all of our Covenant Partners to see themselves as missionaries. Specifically that Jesus has sent us into the world and wants to use us in the lives of those around us everyday. This can be with family, friends, co-workers and anyone Jesus opens a door for a relationship.
With that, there are a few folks in our body that have been called by God to serve in various capacities both locally and abroad. We’ve recently highlighted some of the folks during some of our Sunday Gatherings. Here’s a recap, contact info and ways your can specifically pray for these missionaries.
Karsten & Alex have been coming to the Crossing since 2014. They have a heart for the gospel to be reached into the lives of coaches and players all across Northern Colorado. They are CrossFit fanatics have 2 kiddos with a 3rd due this summer.
Here’s how you can pray for the Sween’s:
- Wisdom for Karsten as he leads his staff and fills positions for FCA in the area.
- Alex’s and baby’s health during pregnancy, she’s been battling migraines during the 2nd trimester.
- Relationships at their CrossFit gym, for an open door for the gospel.
Garrett Schlegel – Serving with The Navigators at CSU
Garrett has been coming to the Crossing since 2014 but has been involved more in various ways for much longer. Garrett is originally from Swink, CO and has a heart for making disciples who make disciples on the college campus. Garrett’s passions include black coffee and hunting.
Jecka Walker – Serving with The Navigators at CSU
Jecka has been apart of the Crossing since 2012. She is in her second year on staff with the Navs. Jecka loves singing and anything outdoors! She has a heart for helping young women grow in their understanding of Jesus and his word.
Check out the update from Garrett & Jecka online. Here’s how you can pray for them and their ministry:
- Pray that God would raise up many generations of laborers to reach the lost on CSU’s campus. (Isaiah 61:1-4)
- Pray for Thomas, specifically his identity in Christ, submission to his lordship and that he would make disciples who make disciples.
- Pray for Jecka’s freshmen girls (The Holy Hooligans!) that they would grow in the knowledge and application of God’s word.
Zach & Kara Zegan – Serving with Josiah Venture in Czech Republic
Zach and Kara have been apart of the Crossing since before it began. Kara lived with Pastor Aaron and his family years back and has been influenced greatly by them. Pastor Aaron had the privilege of marrying Zach and Kara in 2011. Zach and Kara have a heart for engaging the lost and specifically helping the next generation in Eastern Europe embrace Jesus. You can learn more about Josiah Venture here.
Here’s how you can pray for Zach and Kara:
- Jesus would provide an apartment close to those they are trying to reach and within their financial means
- Wisdom in time commitments and relationships as they have transitioned to Prague
- Language, Language, Language. Zach and Kara would understand and communicate well with those around them